Live, Laugh, Love - a dedication to Leigh Seely Fisher (aka SeelyStar)
Leigh and I met on an online internet website. She had a quirky sense of style, as well as being funny, sweet, kind, gracious, charming, generous, and more than anything she was unbelievably selfless.
Our first date was on July 3, 2004 - I took her a drawing I did for her (her name in graffiti & a mix CD). We hit it off instantly, we became inseperable. I fell hard for her, I think I told her I loved her after 3 months. She accepted my daughter into her life as her own, and loved her dearly.
Our relationship blossomed, and we began talking about marriage, and all that entails. Then on the second week of February 2006, she became very ill. We took her into the hospital. She was then diagnosed with cancer. The doctors weren't sure what type of cancer, the doctor's initially thought she had Lymphoma, but after 1 chemo treatment, they finally found out that she had Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. I moved in with her to help care for her, but also so I could just spend as much time as possible with her. Her determination, strength, and grace continued to amaze everyday. I myself struggled daily to keep the faith, but Leigh never lost her faith that she would beat her illness.
Leigh travelled monthly to a University hospital about 3hrs from us, for her chemo treatments. She showed improvement after every treatment, but upon her arrival home from her most recent treatment, she seemed more tired than usual. We all just felt as though, it was the chemo. Then on Thursday, July 20th she was admitted back into the hospital. Her health declined, and by Friday morning, she had a mini stroke, was in critical condition, and was on a breathing machine. She continued to fight, I stayed by her side, and held her hand. She would squeeze my hand when I would talk to her. Then Saturday morning I returned from a short break, and talked to her, "Leigh, it's Randy." She looked right at me, and tried speaking. I told her "I love you, more than you know, baby", and she mouthed the words "I Love You... Leigh lost her battle with Leukemia, Saturday morning at 10:17am, July 22nd, 2006... I had planned asking her to marry me on our first weekend with out my daughter. (which happened to be the week of (July 21-23rd, 2006)... I never got to ask her.
Leigh was the most generous person I have ever met. She was a Big Sister with Big Brothers/Big Sisters, she assisted with Real Services, and helped a lady who had MS. She never judged anyone, never complained about being sick, never showed anyone that she was down. Leigh was my best friend, we lived together, we spent ALL of our time together, went everywhere together. I am struggling now, trying to work through the grief, guilt, and anguish of losing her. I don't know if I can ever get through this loss. It hasn't been easy. I miss her more everyday. Leigh is my angel. I love her, and miss her...
This is just an attempt to get through my grief, and pain of losing someone VERY dear to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment